On Aug 21, 2013 7:00 AM, "Olivier Lamy" <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21 August 2013 00:08, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
> > Doesn't answer the question whether the job is valid. It's referencing
incorrect plugins and why would you consume the latest version of Guice and
not through Sisu?

> Branch has been started while the plugin was in SNAPSHOT versio, I
> just fixed that.
>
> And because it's probably good to use an official version of Guice
> rather than a fork.

Regardless of which version you choose I'd recommend using the "no_aop" jar
for Maven (ie with the no_aop classifier) because it has better performance
for CLI/short-term apps and is easier to debug (and because the AOP feature
is not part of the JSR 330 standard so it isn't currently exposed to Maven
plugins)

Btw, the list of patches that are in sisu-guice but not in the recent
4.0-beta google build is available at:

https://github.com/sonatype/sisu-guice/tree/master/PATCHES

Each patch has been reported upstream - issue details are in the patch
header, follow the issue link for further discussion about each patch. If
you take the google code and apply each patch in turn then you should get
the same code as sisu-guice (I update the patches whenever I prepare a new
interim release so they all apply cleanly)

If you want to discuss any of the remaining patches in detail and how they
relate to Maven's use of guice then we can always start a new thread on
this list. There's nothing blocking the use of google guice now that
4.0-beta is available, but there are a few outstanding patches that could
affect Maven performance/embedding.

> > But in general I think we need to clean up the IT jobs:
> >
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven%20Core%20ITs/
> >
> > Like the Windows and OSX builds there that haven't worked in 8 months
and a year. These are not helpful. I would just like to remove them.

referring to the 1.5-S of MRR which is not being used anymore. Is this job
valid?

https://builds.apache.org/job/core-integration-testing-maven-3-jdk-1.6-guice-from-google/4/consoleFull