Oh, before I forget... the take 2 SCM tag was pushed to ASF git servers, so
perhaps we should push the fa42b42 tag with a distinguishing tag name.
Github seems to be smart enough to pick up that the tag changed:
https://github.com/apache/maven-scm/tree/maven-scm-1.9 but others who
checked out from GIT during the take 2 vote may not.

Oh also I forgot I had a 4th test which passes:

* source release matches tag => PASS (only missing files are the generated
DEPENDENCIES, NOTICE and LICENSE files, otherwise identical)