The SVN repo should probably be retained anyway, just in RO format, and
with a new URL that indicates it shouldn't be used. You can try to retain
all history, but it's never quite in the same form, really. Perhaps no one
cares, though?

+1 for decompose into individual repos.

Fred.

PS, perhaps one day we'll meet, who knows. :-p