Are you still wondering about this?

ShutdownProcess is inside the libmesos executor driver and ensures that we
forcibly shutdown an executor if it doesn't comply with the shutdown
request within the timeout. The second bullet in your list is the "Command
Executor", which is the executor that is used when only a TaskInfo is
provided. Many frameworks use their own executor.