Hi everyone,

We have been iterating on a design for pluggable modules in Mesos lately
and wanted to get a last round of feedback before putting out patch sets.

Tim St Clair, Ben Hindman and I started the discussion (and work) on this
subsystem https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1224 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1384.
Kapil and Bernd took over the work (shepherded by Ben H and I) and have
expanded on the original design to cope with api/modules/mesos versioning
semantics and be extensible enough to cope future changes in the modules
subsystem (dealing with modules dependencies, etc).

The latest description of the modules system has been captured in:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MESOS/DRAFT+Design+Doc+-+Mesos+Modules
(for those of you who don't want to read through the JIRA threads).

We have an implementation ready based on this design and will be sharing /
starting review rounds start next week.

Feel free to use this thread if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Niklas