Earlier today, Niklas Nielsen created an initial document to catalog
previous and future Mesos releases:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MESOS/Mesos+Release+Planning.
This made my day, thanks Niklas!

I've gone ahead and begun to add additional info to thedocument,
specifically links to JIRA tickets associated with each release,
discussion threads, and additional historical context. I'll continue to
chip away at this, but encourage others to also help update this.

A few things jump out to me:

1) we are inconsistently using JIRA issues to track releases -- should
   we begin doing this for all major and minor releases?

2) Our discussion threads seem to be popular when they take place, but
   we've been inconsistent on when and why we send them. How about we
   set a common expectation about how far in advance of a release this
   will begin? IMO this could even begin immediately after a new release
   vs a week before an RC is cut.

3) It's clear that folks are thinking about releases beyond 0.22.0 (I
   see SSL listed beside 0.23.0) -- is there a reason we can't minimally
   begin by tracking that release with a JIRA issue and setting some
   loose target dates so folks have a sense of when it may land? It'd be
   great if a common expectation was set for when these types of tickets
   are created.

Best, Dave