compactor is a pure python implementation of libprocess.  I announced it a
while back while it was still in the very alpha stage.

I've spent the last couple days fixing a bunch of compactor bugs and
generally getting it into better shape as we consider running pesos (a pure
python implementation of the mesos framework api) in production for the
Aurora executor.

I've added documentation here: compactor.readthedocs.org
The code is available here: https://github.com/wickman/compactor

The latest version is published to pypi, so it can be pip installed or
pexed to your heart's content.

I'd love to hear feedback.  It seems like it would be generally useful to
be able to write python Processes e.g. lightweight test Processes like
allocators, authenticators or health checkers using this.

thanks,
brian