On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Alex Clemmer
<clemmer.alexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> depends on (cf. MESOS-898[2]). In the near future we expect to start
> thinking about supporting little-known platforms such as "Windows",
> (where a fully cross-platform build system is table stakes).

Uh... why? More importantly a lot of primitives on Windows have very
different characteristics than their Unix/Linux counterparts.
Generally code that tries to work on both sacrifices readability
and/or performance.

I'm all for cmake, sure why not. But porting low-level system software
to a very different platform is concerning.

Kevin

--
Kevin Lyda
Galway, Ireland