Hey Felix,

it's great to hear that you want to start contributing to Mesos!
As pointed out in the "starter" guidelines [0] we recommend folks that are
new to contributing to Apache Mesos, to "warm up" by picking one of the
jiras that are labeled with the "Newbie" tag[1].

That way you can familiarize with our code style, using ReviewBoard (for
example, submitting a PR was a bit of a non-starter) and, generally, making
life easier for the shepherd.

In the meantime, I've added you to the Contributors group in Jira, so you
can now assign tasks to yourself (but before you do so, make sure you
understand what the implications are).

Thanks and welcome to our community!

[0] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/submitting-a-patch/
[1]