Hi Qian,

Thanks for the update and I apologize the response time.

Do you have a PoC implementation of your proposal?

I have trouble understanding the motivation of _not_ adding resizing as a
usual operation. It seems much cleaner in my mind. To David G's and Alex
R's comment: if you want to resize without an offer (during task
shrinking), you could do it with an empty offer list. Giving up combining
task resizing with the other operations (which will most likely scale with
upcoming features) is a big loss, but maybe I am missing something.

Secondly, whether the new desired resource shape requires growing and
shrinking, I think should be dictated by the resource type itself rather
than explicitly set by the framework writer. You have to do that math
anyway to figure out whether the framework's request is valid, no?

We can do a online sync soon, if you want to give a pitch on the design.

Cheers,
Niklas

--
Niklas