Hi all,

I was curious if anyone with an active Mesos deployment knows of, has used,
or has developed a harness for integration and exploratory testing against
your installations. The sort of capabilities I'm after include:

   - Sufficient flexibility to allow the launch of multiple frameworks in
   test setup -- this could involve deployment logic, e.g. fetching and
   installing a package or a provisioning script on a host.
   - Sufficient flexibility to allow the orchestration of multiple
   frameworks in a test run, to e.g. understand how different combinations of
   frameworks interact with each other under various usage scenarios, how they
   interact under quota, etc.
   - Sufficient flexibility to allow the gathering of many different
   metrics -- depending on what's being investigated, we might want to be able
   to include various host-level metrics in addition to the metrics and gauges
   that Mesos itself exposes.

This set of capabilities is something I'd expect from a distributed testing
framework, but Googling around hasn't yielded any immediately convincing
open source offerings -- things like Locust or Tsung are focused on
stress-testing and seem to lack the orchestration and provisioning
abilities I'm looking for. LinkedIn seems to have their own open source
offering for this, called Zopkio, that seems like it could hit the above
points, but it doesn't seem to be widely-used and I'm not sure how mature
it is.

Does anyone have any leads in this area? Have you implemented your own
solution? I'd be curious to hear how you've approached this problem.

Regards,
Michael