> You don't need LTS as kernel, even talking about short term stable releases
> like 0.27.2 (?), they look horrible too, I don't see any git tags or
> branches for
> these releases, just a tar ball?! Huh...

Jies-MacBook-Pro:mesos jie$ git tag | grep 0.27
0.27.0
0.27.0-rc1
0.27.0-rc2
0.27.1
0.27.1-rc1
0.27.2
0.27.2-rc1

What determines which patches need to backport for Mesos community?
> It doesn't look like every bug fix is evaluated and considered after they
> are merged into master branch.

Currently, it's based on request. We definitely need to improve this part.
Note that, Mesos is a fast moving project and is young. Comparing it to
Linux (20+ years) is not a fair comparison.