Hi Jie,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Jie Yu <yujie....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this mean that we'll have to cut another 1.0 RC just for that?

I'd think so.

> If we were to cut another RC (e.g., due to bugs, which is likely), I would
> be happy to include the patch that disables the flag in the new RC. But if
> not, personally, I don't think this is necessary.

I agree it isn't necessary, but I think the cost of cutting another RC
is fairly low. Since we are confident that we don't want framework
authors to rely on the behavior enabled by the registry-strict flag, I
think taking active steps to prevent that is worth the cost.

> As far as I know, no one is setting this flag to true. Can we instead, just
> document that this flag should not be set?

That's another option, although if we want to make the docs and
"--help" output shipped with 1.0 consistent with the website, it would
also require code changes. Given that disabling the flag is a trivial
change, I'd still opt for that over a documentation-only change.

Neil