http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/cni/

"For Mesos, the executors launched as containers need to register with the
Agent in order for a task to be successfully launched. Hence, it is imperative
that the Agent IP is reachable from the container IP and vice versa. "

Can anyone shed some light on this requirement for me?  We'd like to understand
the purpose of this to determine if we can work around it or find some means of
securing it.  We are really focusing on network security and isolation in our
CNI design, we'd prefer to maintain network isolation between the Mesos
containers and hosts.

In particular, if we have to work around it, I'm wondering if there'd be any
opportunity for the CNI plugin to open access to the port for just a short
period until registration, then firewall it off and what the behavior might be
if there is not continual access. Or perhaps we add a link local interface of
some sort and a route, such that individual containers can reach their agent
but the Mesos container networks don't need to be generally open to the Mesos
host networks.