Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding cross-origin resource sharing in
Mesos and we would like to float a design doc to delineate/collect thoughts
from the community and propose an implementation.

For a bit of context: From the master WebUI we construct agent resource
requests with a jsonp parameter to wrap returned resources in a callback to
work around browser same-origin access controls. There are security concerns
with this approach, one such example is cited in the doc, and there is a
consensus that jsonp should be removed from the Mesos codebase. Implementing
CORS support is a step in that direction.

Here’s a link to the doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a6xaljM2yjtteyQ3zz1hmjLcCUOZ_YUHDNzrRm6gOh0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks and comments welcome!

- Jacob Janco