Folks,

Thanks to everyone for their feedback! Based on discussions with
members of the Mesos community, we've made a few changes to this
proposal. To summarize:

(1) Renamed "rack" to "zone", both to be a bit more abstract and to
match the terminology used by most public cloud providers. That is, a
fault domain now consists of a zone and a region.

(2) To accommodate future kinds of domains, the DomainInfo message now
has a nested "FaultDomain" field. New types of domains (e.g., latency
domains, power domains) might be represented in the future via
additional fields in DomainInfo, but such extensions are out of the
scope of the current proposal.

(3) Clarified that allowing an agent to transition from "no configured
domain" to "configured domain" will require an agent drain in the MVP,
and added some discussion of the implementation/framework API
challenges around supporting domain opt-in w/o.

The review chain for the MVP of this feature are up now (MESOS-7607).

Neil