> On Sep 21, 2017, at 10:12 PM, Vinod Kone <vi...@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
> I think it makes sense for `TASK_KILLED` to be sent in response to a KILL
> call irrespective of the exit status. IIRC, that was the original intention.

Those are the semantics we implement and expect in our scheduler and executor.
The only time we emit TASK_KILLED is in response to a scheduler kill, and a
scheduler kill always ends in a TASK_KILLED.

The rationale for this is
1. We want to distinguish whether the task finished for its own reasons (ie.
not due to a scheduler kill)
2. The scheduler told us to kill the task and we did, so it was TASK_KILLED
(irrespective of any exit status)