+1 (binding)

With respect to Windows, Visual Studio 2017 (MSVC 1910) supports C++14, and it's already our minimum required version. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/visual-cpp-language-conformance for more details. Also, we run with `/permissive-`, which disables non-conforming constructs.

But a heads up: the default GCC packages on some distributions are 4.x (I believe CentOS 7 is still 4.8, and Debian 8 is 4.9), so we'll need to update our getting started instructions to explicitly install GCC 5+.

Thanks,

Andy