The “unknown bug in libevent” was in fact a bug in libprocess (our layer on top
of libevent). See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-9265
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-9265> for more.
Even though we do bundle libevent 2.0.22, we don’t need to - Mesos >= 1.8.0 is
compatible with all recent versions of libevent since we fixed that above issue
in libprocess.