Github user kaspersorensen commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/metamodel/pull/72#issuecomment-155140230

    For me an extremely hard question to answer.

    As a java developer I anyways personally prefer the programmatic Java Query
API over the string parser.

    From a user perspective (on a product that expose the string parsing to the
end user) I tend to think naively that "the more the better" in the sense of -
if my user uses double quotes or square brackets - ideally MetaModel would be
able to parse both/all, satisfying all users and creating the least amount of
friction. The naive part is of course that at the same time it should be
consistent and avoid horror scenarios where the meaning of a character might
become ambigiuous.

    @albertostratio I think you are also exposing the query parser to your end
users? Could you maybe share your thoughts on the user of quotes, brackets etc.
for delimiting table names (and eventually other references too).

---
with INFRA.
---