Github user kaspersorensen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metamodel/pull/128

    Hmm it seems to me that it is just "a rule" but not always "the right
rule". For instance, MongoDB seems to return decimals when needed [1] which I
would personally also expect from SQL, had I not recently learned that SQL
didn't.

    It's sorta like asking: If you where to write a `Math.avg(int[] numbers)`
function, what would it return? And I would instinctively always say ´double´
to that. Now there may be alternative view or special needs, requiring maybe a
special variant for higher and lower precision.

    [1] https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/operator/aggregation/avg/

---
with INFRA.
---