Github user basvdl commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/531

    @nickwallen, these are indeed the options we have discussed...

    > I am going to lay out all of the possibilities that I can think of just
so that we don't leave any stone unturned.
    (1) Alter the Source of Telemetry - ...
    (2) Use an Alternative Source of Telemetry - ...
    (3) Reunite lines at the parser - ...
    (4) Transport Mechanism - ...

    1. Alter the Source of Telemetry - I agree with you that this is the least
preferred method.

    2. Use an Alternative Source of Telemetry - The alternative I've looked
into was `tcpdump`, but this is less detailed.

    3. Reunite lines at the parser - This will not give you a reliable
solution, mainly due to the reason you have given: 'We cannot rely on ordering
of the messages'

    4. Transport Mechanism - In our case we are shipping the log using
(Mi)NiFi. We could look into a custom NiFi processor.

    Another option that just came as a brainwave, maybe we can develop a kind
of yaf / yafscii solution. Where you pipe the output of DHCPDump into the stdin
of a `DHCPDumpToSingleLine` which will stitch the lines together and output
single line events to disk.

---
with INFRA.
---