Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/530

    @ottobackwards  I definitely agree that we need more documentation around
absolutely everything you listed.  The main reason I want the outline for
adding a new parser is just so I have a way to actually get a good handle on
what's going on to be able to review it.  It would be super helpful to even
have a basic outline of how to do it.  I assume @nickwallen feels the same way.

    For a first pass, I don't know that this needs to be absolutely point by
point detailed, but at least enough for people to dig in and get started.  I
personally think it's reasonable to have the point by point detailed, nicely
formatted version be a follow-on, but just something basic and (mostly) correct
is what I personally want to see.

---
with INFRA.
---