I think that if it is not a ‘build breaking dependency’ it should be in a
/contrib area and not in deployment.

On July 13, 2017 at 12:05:00, Nick Allen (n...@nickallen.org) wrote:

Having metron-docker at the top-level of the project seems to catch the
attention of new users. Some then start using metron-docker to
explore/try-out/demo Metron.

The metron-docker code that we have is not well-suited for this purpose.
It is only really useful for development. It is not regularly tested and
maintained like our Vagrant environment.

I am proposing that we move the top-level "metron-docker" directory to live
under "metron-deployment" to avoid confusing new users. This also seems
more logical to me. I would also pair this move with some better "Getting
Started" steps for new users in the top-level README.

cd $METRON_HOME
mv metron-docker metron-deployment/docker

Do you agree/disagree? Is there a better solution?