The UI shows the Grok editor when you select the GrokParser as the parser
type.  Did the package of the GrokParser change by chance?  Sounds like
this is a bug to me.

You can view, edit, test and save grok patterns so I would say you can do
everything in the UI .  The fact that a pattern can be retrieved from the
classpath makes it tricky though.  For example, if you are looking at a
parser that stores it's pattern in the classpath (Yaf for example) the path
would be "/patterns/yaf".  Once you go to save it you have to change the
path to a path that exists in HDFS (/apps/metron/patterns/yaf) because you
obviously can't update the pattern in the jar classpath.  I regret that we
added this (I think it was me actually) because it's caused nothing but
confusion and doesn't add any value.  I would be in favor of keeping
patterns exclusively in HDFS.

Ryan