A number of people are currently working on upgrading the ES support in Metron
to 5.x (including the clients, and the mpack managed install).

Would anyone have any objections to dropping formal support for 2.x as a result
of this work? In theory the clients should be backward compatible against older
data stores, so metron could be upgraded without needing an elastic upgrade.

In practice, we would need to do pretty extensive testing and I wouldn’t want
us to have to code around long term support on older clients if no-one in the
community cares enough about the older ES. Do we think there is a case to be
made for maintaining long term support for older clients?

Simon