Hi Ali,

This is a holiday in the US (Thanksgiving) and many people have a 4 day
weekend.  It is also common to travel for this holiday.
It is possible that some of the community that know a bit more about storm
will not be online during this time.

I do not have experience with the RAS, but in doing some research I can see
the following:

1. Our parser topologies are built in code, and therefore would require a
code change to allow for setting the cpu and memory
component properties for parser topology components.  It is also not clear
to me how we set those properties for ambari started topologies.
2. Our enrichment and indexing topologies are built with flux, so I *think*
those configurations could be edited in the field to set the cpu and memory
configurations ( as well as other RAS configs ).  But I have not seen any
Flux examples on how to do so.
3. I am not certain how much of the node specific configurations to the
yaml files can be done from ambari, but it may be.

TL/DR;
We (I) would need to do more research on how we could support this.

Hopefully someone with more storm know how will hop on this soon.

I would recommend that you open a Jira on Metron Storm Topologies
Supporting Resource Aware Scheduling

On November 24, 2017 at 02:56:28, Ali Nazemian (alinazem...@gmail.com)
wrote:

Any help regarding this question would be appreciated.

--
A.Nazemian