Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/858

    @merrimanr Is it worth having a new discuss thread where you lay out what
you've done, where you expect this to end, and what (if any) work that would be
nice to have but isn't essential for this to be feature complete?

    i.e. is the endpoint where we merge to master (and I'm injecting my own
bias here, so feel free to adjust as you see fit):
    1. All e2e and int tests run on common infrastructure.
    1. All e2e and int tests are run automatically in the Travis build.
    1. All e2e and int tests run repeatably and reliably in the Travis build.
    1. Debugging options are available and documented.
    1. The new infra and how to interact with it is documented.
    1. Old infrastructure removed (anything unused or commented out is deleted,
instead of staying).

    @ottobackwards @cestella Is that reasonable?  I don't really want to make
decisions regarding the specific end criteria of a feature branch in the POC PR.

    Sidenote, I like the top level PR and the child tasks for this. It'd be a
good way to both organize and flesh out the TODO list you had and give everyone
an easy way to see where things are (and where they can hop in and help out)

---