I've done some work to get the MPack working on Ubuntu.  I'd like to get
that work packaged up and contributed back to Apache.  I think it would be
genuinly useful to the community.

Here is how I was thinking about tackling that through a series of PRs.

1. Create the DEBs necessary for installing on Ubuntu.  See PR #868.

2. Submit 3 or 4 separate PRs that enhance the existing MPack so that it
works on both CentOS and Ubuntu.  I honestly am not sure how many will fall
out of the work that I've done, but I will try to chop it up logically so
that it is easy to review.

3. Create a "Full Dev" equivalent for Ubuntu so that we can see the
end-to-end install work for Ubuntu in an automated fashion.

** I do not expect developers to test their PRs on both CentOS and Ubuntu.
I think the existing CentOS "Full Dev" should remain as the gold standard
that we test PRs against.  No changes there.

Let me know if you have feedback or thoughts on this.

Chao