Github user nickwallen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/856

    Why is this validation process driven by a %magic command?

    Magics were made for functionality that cannot be implemented directly
within a Stellar execution environment.  Often for answering questions 'about'
the execution environment itself.  For example `%vars` or `%functions` or
`%globals` all tell us about the Stellar execution environment.

    This logic doesn't seem like a good fit for a %magic, unless there is a
limitation that I am not understanding.  This could be implemented, I would
argue more simply, as a regular Stellar function.

---