GitHub user justinleet opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/883

    METRON-1381: Add Apache license to MD files and remove the Rat exclusion

    Added an HTML comment license header to all the MD files.  Removed the RAT
exclusion for MD files, so we make sure to do it going forward.

    It can be tested by looking at the GitHub rendering, along with building
the site-book and making sure no Apache headers show up.  You can also create a
.md file without a header and run the rat check to ensure that it catches the
problem.

    ## Pull Request Checklist

    Thank you for submitting a contribution to Apache Metron.
    Please refer to our [Development
Guidelines](https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61332235)
 for the complete guide to follow for contributions.
    Please refer also to our [Build Verification
Guidelines](https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Verifying+Builds?show-miniview)
 for complete smoke testing guides.

    In order to streamline the review of the contribution we ask you follow
these guidelines and ask you to double check the following:

    ### For all changes:
    - [x] Is there a JIRA ticket associated with this PR? If not one needs to
be created at [Metron
Jira](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel).

    - [x] Does your PR title start with METRON-XXXX where XXXX is the JIRA
number you are trying to resolve? Pay particular attention to the hyphen "-"
character.
    - [x] Has your PR been rebased against the latest commit within the target
branch (typically master)?

    ### For documentation related changes:
    - [x] Have you ensured that format looks appropriate for the output in
which it is rendered by building and verifying the site-book? If not then run
the following commands and the verify changes via
`site-book/target/site/index.html`:

      ```
      cd site-book
      mvn site
      ```

    #### Note:
    Please ensure that once the PR is submitted, you check travis-ci for build
issues and submit an update to your PR as soon as possible.
    It is also recommended that [travis-ci](https://travis-ci.org) is set up
for your personal repository such that your branches are built there before
submitting a pull request.

    $ git pull https://github.com/justinleet/metron METRON-1381

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/883.patch

    This closes #883

----
commit c67d3a8d3573d04628026891cc5429ed9657df5f
Author: justinjleet <justinjleet@...>
Date:   2017-12-23T13:07:57Z

    Adding all the md headers, removing rat exclusion, removing a single author
listing from a file

----

---