Github user merrimanr commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/840

    I spun this up in full dev and spent all day testing it.  From a functional
perspective, I can not find anything wrong with it.  I ran through the test
plan in this PR and everything worked as expected.  I also tested this
exhaustively with the Alerts UI and Swagger UI and everything works great.

    The only issue I found are with the Alerts UI e2e tests.  These no longer
run at all and I suspect it's because the templates have changed with ES 5.6.2
so loading e2e test data and template no longer works.  I'm not sure that this
should hold up this PR since e2e tests are actively being worked on in
https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/857 but I wanted everyone to be aware.

---