Github user mmiklavc commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/894

    Oh, I see what that is. This appears to be a neglected piece of code. ES
has this but Kibana does not, for instance. The metainfo.xml allows you to add
"commandScript" items that are listed in the service drop-down menu. But this
is distinct from the status check which provides the green checkbox vs red
exclamation appearing next to a service name in the Ambari services list.

    This is ES

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/658443/34883181-18c03ca2-f776-11e7-91f2-60bf36eeb78f.png)

    This is Kibana

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/658443/34883198-24579d26-f776-11e7-9eaf-2ecd0f1a7f9e.png)

    I'd like to treat this as distinct from the status check if that seems
reasonable to you. I have to admit, I didn't even know the service check piece
existed until now.

---