Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/902

    Re: the single quoting issue.

    Avoiding the XML blob and using the main rest endpoint seems to kick back
actual quotation marks. Now you have to read JSON instead of XML, but it might
be more convenient to do that.
    ```
    {8:57}~ ➭ curl
https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/latest/issue/METRON-1298\?fields\=summary

{"expand":"renderedFields,names,schema,operations,editmeta,changelog,versionedRepresentations","id":"13116358","self":"https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/latest/issue/13116358","key":"METRON-1298","fields":{"summary":"TimeRange
 Picker doesn't work on Safari"}}%
    ```

    I didn't dig into why things are different, I was mostly more trying to
learn more about the API choice in there, and happened to notice it.

    Sidenote, that XML blob can have the specific fields you want appended to
avoid pulling back everything
    ```

https://issues.apache.org/jira/si/jira.issueviews:issue-xml/METRON-1298/METRON-1298.xml?field=summary
    ```