Github user ctramnitz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/579

    I think
https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/579/commits/ccd99dda3c8a72408ae13eeaca078af1e345a36c#diff-e0385f97ebea64bab3a83bceef70bb4aR67
    expected.put(BasicPaloAltoFirewallParser.PaloAltoDomain, "<11>Jan  5
05:38:59 PAN1.exampleCustomer.com 1");
    should be
    expected.put(BasicPaloAltoFirewallParser.PaloAltoDomain, "1");

    The rest is the syslog header, not the PA domain.

    I'd suggest to strip the syslog header off the test data and assume it will
also be stripped off on ingestion until we have a syslog-preparsing capability
(i.e. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1453).

    I'm already doing this using rsyslog:
    ```
    module(load="imudp")
    module(load="omkafka")

    template(name="msgonly" type="string"
             string="%msg:::drop-last-lf%"
            )

    ruleset(name="udp514"){
      if (<some-condition>) then {
        action(
          broker=["<kafka_host>:6667"]
          confparam=["client.id=rsyslog", "compression.codec=snappy",
"socket.keepalive.enable=true"]
          type="omkafka"
          topic="paloalto"
          template="msgonly"
          errorfile="/var/log/rsyslog_kafka_failures.log"
        )
      }
    }
    input(type="imudp" port="514" ruleset="udp514")
    ```

---