Yeah Otto, pre-0.5.0 (0.4.2) would be ES 2.3 if users were not using
master. ES upgrade is a big piece of this Apache release. Last release was
0.4.2 on Fri Dec 22 2017.

I'm +1 on the idea of an example referencing the ES docs and keeping this
as simple as possible.

* https://archive.apache.org/dist/metron/