This looks good to me, honestly.  Anything to make the build more
understandable and help find classpath issues easier is a good idea IMO.

Just curious, did you test that PR in both solr and ES (you added an
exclude in the ES portion of the code) and did you spin it up in full-dev
(to ensure ambari doesn't have any dependencies on the jar names)?

Other than that, I'm +1 to the effort!