-1
remaining issues to fix:
- an md5 checksum is required:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#basic-facts
- LICENSE and NOTICE still need work; see my previous emails and
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html. I've begun summarizing the
included libraries whose licenses need to be addressed at the end of this
email.
- we can't include this tarball in the release and it should be removed
from the git repo:
./deployment/roles/snort/files/snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz. In general
we can't have compiled code or archives in a source release (except
occasionally as test resources), but also this one has an incompatible
license.
- the files in site are missing license headers
- minor: there's a .DS_Store file in the release tarball that we probably
don't want there

verified:
- signature and sha checksum are good
- DISCLAIMER is correct and filenames include "incubating"

I don't know how how to verify:
- build is successful including automated tests

Here's a license summary, as far as I could tell from the files:

Mozilla Public License:
metron-streaming/Metron-Common/src/test/resources/effective_tld_names.dat
metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/test/resources/effective_tld_names.dat
metron-streaming/Metron-Topologies/src/main/resources/effective_tld_names.dat

Third-Party Apache License:
metron-streaming/Metron-DataServices/src/main/resources/webroot/include.jsp
metron-streaming/Metron-DataServices/src/main/resources/webroot/login.jsp
metron-streaming/Metron-DataServices/src/main/resources/webroot/WEB-INF/shiro.ini
metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/main/resources/patterns/asa
metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/main/resources/patterns/fireeye
metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/main/resources/patterns/sourcefire
metron-streaming/Metron-MessageParsers/src/main/resources/patterns/yaf
metron-streaming/Metron-PlatformScripts/WhoisEnrichment/Whois_CSV_to_JSON.py
metron-ui/lib/public/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/css/bootstrap.dark.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/css/bootstrap.light.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/css/timepicker.css
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/bootstrap/*
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/angular/datepicker.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/timezone.js

MIT License:
metron-ui/lib/public/css/animate.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/css/normalize.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/css/font-awesome.min.css
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/angular/* except datepicker.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/blob.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/chromath.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/elasticjs/*
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/filesaver.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/jquery/*
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/lodash.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/modernizr-2.6.1.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/moment.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/numeral.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/peg.js
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/require/*

SIL Open Font License:
metron-ui/lib/public/font/*

There's a handy license summary for the vendor libraries, as well:
metron-ui/lib/public/vendor/LICENSE.json

Files that I can't tell where they came from:
everything in metron-ui/lib/public/app ... Is this all kibana? Does anyone
know which version?
metron-ui/lib/public/config.js
metron-ui/lib/public/img/*

Our files that are missing license headers:
metron-ui/.travis.yml
files in site