Jon,

For METRON-517 would it suffice to have a stellar statement to take a URI
string and truncate it to length of 32766 in the ES writer?  But still write
the actual string to HDFS? You can then search against ES on the truncated
portion, but retrieve the actual timestamp from HDFS.  It's easy to do because
you know the timestamp from the original message.  So you know which logs in
HDFS to search through to find the data.

02.11.2016, 14:12, "zeo...@gmail.com" <zeo...@gmail.com>:
> I personally would like to see the following things done before things
> leave BETA:
> (1) Address data integrity concerns (Specifically thinking of METRON-370,
> METRON-517)
> (2) Make cluster tuning easier and more consistent (METRON-485, METRON-470,
> and the "[DISCUSS] moving parsers back to flux" which I can't find a JIRA
> for).
>
> I would also want to see the upgrade path (as opposed to rebuild) be more
> thoroughly and regularly tested once things leave BETA. From my
> perspective I think the project is very close but not yet ready.
>
> Jon
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 4:44 PM Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Now that the discussion around the next release has started, it has been
> proposed and I think it's a good time to discuss what to name this next
> release. Before, we have adopted the BETA suffix. I think it might be
> time to drop it and call the next release 0.2.2
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
>
> Casey
>
> --