Github user DimaKovalyov commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/318

    Hello,

    I am not sure if this is a good place for jumping it, but I have installed
Metron with HDP 2.5 using this great article:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/60805/deploying-a-fresh-metron-cluster-using-ambari-serv.html

    Fixed few issues here and there I was able to make it running. However all
my Storm topologies are having:
    Topology spouts lag error:
    kafkaSpout  KAFKA   Unable to get offset lags for kafka. Reason:
java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.storm.kafka.monitor.KafkaOffsetLagUtil.getOffsetLags(KafkaOffsetLagUtil.java:269)
 at
org.apache.storm.kafka.monitor.KafkaOffsetLagUtil.main(KafkaOffsetLagUtil.java:127)

![storm_kafka_error](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/22817724/20104398/8787896c-a5d6-11e6-9515-82a9fff84f4f.png)

    Considering that sir Michael Miklavcic said: "Modifying build versions for
Storm removes the Storm Kafka lag error from the UI." I have mavened my built
like that:
    mvn clean install -DskipTests -PHDP2.5.0.0

    Is there anything else I need to do in order to get Storm working with HDP
2.5?
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

    p.s. I've used latest metron code-base from apache incubator.

---
with INFRA.
---