Has anyone used git's sub-modules before? My understanding is you just
point to an external repository. So *technically* I do not think the code
would be hosted in the main repo. Even if that was allowed, I have concerns
about how inactive the repo is. Could we fork this, make our changes, and
submit it to another apache project that it may make sense under? Is that
even allowed under their license?