In my view the live configs should live in Zookeeper.  It's basically what it's
designed for.  However, we also have a need for CM of these configs in case you
want to roll back or push a different config set into Zookeeper.  That's what I
would use Ambari for...have the ability to take a config out of CM and push it
into Zookeeper...or snapshot a config out of Zookeeper and push it into CM.
The obvious pre-requisite to having this capability is to not rely on local
storage or HDFS for any config.  So in my mind this is a 2-step transition.
Step 1 - transition all current configs into Zookeeper.  Step 2 - integrate
config management with Ambari.

I think passing usernames/passwords to stellar functions is not a feasible
solution at this point

Thanks,
James

Thank you,