Thanks, Jon!  I’m working on characterizing exactly how to fix the two main
issues.  I think I’ve got a script that will auto-fix the triple-backtick
problem.  The bullet list problem will require hand-editing, so I want to make
sure I’ve got the right recommendation.

The larger issue is going thru and making the doc content better and more
usable.
But that can occur over time, and will be motivated by having the book there to
gripe about :-)