Github user cestella commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/450

    @ottobackwards Yes, your observation is a good one.  I wanted to toe the
line between "obvious step-by-step" and "automated" and ended up on the side of
"step-by-step obvious" because
    * I wanted people to be able to tinker and play with the steps to find
things that I didn't
    * I didn't want to have to deal with weird one-off timing errors around
some of the things specified here

    It's probably worth discussing acceptance testing scripts as a general
category of testing that we might be able to do with some of these scripts
forming the beginnings of them.

---
with INFRA.
---