So looking at it, it seems to fit the bill, with a couple of comments:

   - The quantiles stuff provides a CDF and PMF function, which is
   sufficient for our purposes.  I haven't seen any real comparison between
   t-digests and their approach.  A cursory glance at the source code leads me
   to believe that it's not tree-based, so I'd have to dig into it a bit more
   to understand the tradeoffs of their approach vs a tree-based approach like
   in t-digest
   - The HLL stuff seems to be pure HLL, rather than HLL+, which is what we
   support.  HLL+ has better accuracy characteristics for small sets, as I
   recall.  I'll defer to Mike Miklavcic on that as I haven't read the paper
   in a while.

On the whole, I'd love to integrate with it and maybe swap out the t-digest
approach for this since it has an active community around it.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it to our attention and if anyone wants to take
that on, I'd be on board with a +1 ;)

Casey