Just wanted to update this thread:

I've been diligently working to the plan we discussed above:

*1) Refactor existing Ansible deployment to use the Ambari MPack to install
metron-common, metron-enrichments and metron-parsers. *
*2) Regenerate quick-dev to leverage the change.*
3) Create rpm packages for all deployed components that don't currently
have them.
     - Sensor probes
     - Sensor stubs
4) Create MPack service defs for the RPMs in (2).
5) Refactor existing Ansible deployment to use the Ambari MPack to install
all services.
6) Regenerate quick-dev to leverage the change.
7) Plan iteration 2 to see if there are other opportunities to reduce our
use of Ansible.

I've completed #1 and will have #2 completed shortly, that will close out
METRON-671.  If we're all still good with that direction, once I finish
671, I'd like to cut JIRAs for #3 and #4.

Thoughts?

-D...