Github user nickwallen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/507

    The issues that I am having currently are with Quick Dev.  But I have
actually been able to do this on a separate cluster in a slightly different
way.  On the other cluster, I did not use the `--group` option when setting the
ACL.  If I did set the group, then I had to ensure that the group matched what
was used by the `kafka-console-producer`.

    So as a test, I granted access without the `--group`.

    1. Grant access.  Look ma, no group.
    ```
    [root@node1 ~]# kafka-acls.sh --authorizer
kafka.security.auth.SimpleAclAuthorizer --authorizer-properties
zookeeper.connect=node1:2181 --add --allow-principal User:metron --topic yaf
    Adding ACLs for resource `Topic:yaf`:
        User:metron has Allow permission for operations: All from hosts: *

    Current ACLs for resource `Topic:yaf`:
        User:metron has Allow permission for operations: All from hosts: *
    ```

    2. Validate the ACL.  Looks good this time.
    ```
    [root@node1 ~]# kafka-acls.sh --list --topic yaf --authorizer-properties
zookeeper.connect=node1:2181 --authorizer
kafka.security.auth.SimpleAclAuthorizer
    Current ACLs for resource `Topic:yaf`:
        User:metron has Allow permission for operations: All from hosts: *

    ```

    3. And now I can send data successfully.
    ```
    [root@node1 ~]# echo "foo" | kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list
node1:6667 --topic yaf --security-protocol SASL_PLAINTEXT
    [2017-04-07 17:05:28,830] WARN The TGT cannot be renewed beyond the next
expiry date: Sat Apr 08 16:11:26 UTC 2017.This process will not be able to
authenticate new SASL connections after that time (for example, it will not be
able to authenticate a new connection with a Kafka Broker).  Ask your system
administrator to either increase the 'renew until' time by doing : 'modprinc
-maxrenewlife null ' within kadmin, or instead, to generate a keytab for null.
Because the TGT's expiry cannot be further extended by refreshing, exiting
refresh thread now. (org.apache.kafka.common.security.kerberos.KerberosLogin)
    ```

---
with INFRA.
---