From: Yogs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Issue with decoding variable length messages on MINA server

Hi

I have a blocking client connected to a MINA based server. And client is
sending variable length message to server. The Message doesn't have a
notion
of msgLength. So in my decoder.docodable() method can't figure out
whether
this message is complete or not. So when I actually decode the message,
get BufferUnderFlowException in decode() method.   I can calculate the
length of message in decodable method, but for that I need to read the
complete message. This can be multiple times till message arrives
completely. and then i can actual decode the message in decode method.
This
is a huge overhead of reading the message multiple times.
I really don't want to pass an extra msgLenght field in the message to
solve
this problem, because of compatibility issues with non java clients.

Can you please suggest a way which MINA provides to deal with decoding
of
these types of variable length messages on servers?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Yogs