Hi,

I was looking thru some documentation online and realized that there is
no standard way [well, at least I didn't find any, may be I didn't look
hard enough or in the right place] to check if a tcp/ip connection is
alive between the server and client.

The reason I am posting is, to figure out if there is a clean way, from
the out side or inside the server to check if the connection is alive
between the server and client. This is so that I can have an indicator
on the gui representing the status of the connection.

Could anyone please direct me on this?

BTW: The Server I built on MINA performed beyond expectations, it was
needed to have a turnaround time of 70ms for message processing and
reply, I was able to get it done in 15ms!!!

Thank You,

-Uday