mat a écrit :

2007/5/17, Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

mat a écrit :

> Can you explain more why Mina needs Spring?

Mina does not need spring at all. But you can use Spring with Mina if
you want. As trustin said, Spring is just a IoC container
(http://www.springframework.org/)

> Mina itself is a framework,
> isn't it?

It is.

We use it in Apache Directory Server, which itself use Spring to manage
the server configuration, but we can perfectly well get rid of Sping if
needed.

Use Spring to manage the server configuration? Is it neccessary?

Short answer : no. We were using property files before using Spring, but we found that using Spring was easier.

Emmanuel